The Winooski Community Partnership (WCP) is committed to a long-term comprehensive growth and revitalization effort and seeks to make Downtown Winooski a better place to live, visit, work, shop, do business, dine and be entertained. The work of the WCP is based on the Main Street Four Point Approach®
- Organization – Establishing and maintaining a non-profit organization that works in partnership with the public and private sectors to plan and implement a comprehensive downtown revitalization strategy.
- Economic Restructuring – Strengthening and improving a downtown’s economic assets and fulfilling its broadest market potential.
- Design – Enhancing and improving the physical appearance of a downtown by addressing all design elements to create an appealing environment.
- Promotion – Creating and marketing a positive image of the downtown district and attracting people to socialize, shop at local businesses and restaurants, and enjoy local history and culture.
Throughout the year, the WCP identifies activities, projects, and events that enhance the downtown. We are looking for an intern who loves Winooski and is ready to help us out with social media and marketing.
- Perform social media market research
- Create/manage social media profiles
- Track growth and impact of social media on WCP’s business and events
- Assist in creation and implementation of marketing strategy
- Assist in marketing efforts for WCP events
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in community development
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable both taking initiative and working collaboratively
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, social media, and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with other professionals in the non-profit, business and marketing fields.